Many Guardians prefer to ignore the Pit of Heresy because it doesn’t feature exclusive weapons or armor. Indeed, Pit of Heresy offers the same gear that you can find elsewhere on the Moon.
Still, this dungeon has a lot to offer. First, it’s the only place where you can farm the capable Premonition pulse rifle, and more importantly, it drops some of the best high-stat armor in the entire game. This guide covers the entire Pit of Heresy loot table and tells you how to farm its high-stat armor.
D2 Pit of Heresy dungeon Loot Pool
This is the complete Shattered Throne loot table, including weapons and armor:
|Pit of Heresy Loot table|
|Any Encounter||Requires "Hymn of Desecration"|
Every Waking Moment
SMG | Void
Hand Cannon | Kinetic
Sniper Rifle | Arc
Love and Death
Grenade Launcher | Solar
Auto Rifle | Arc
Shotgun | Kinetic
A Fine Memorial
Machine Gun | Arc
Fusion Rifle | Solar
Rocket Launcher| Arc
One Small Step
Shotgun | Kinetic
Sniper Rifle| Kinetic
Pulse Rifle| Void
Sword | Arc
|Any piece of Armor|
💠 Recommended Power: 1600
⛔ Requirements: To access this dungeon, you need to own the Shadowkeep expansion.
You can find more Destiny 2 loot tables here.
Destiny 2 Pit of Heresy weapons and Rolls
Pit of Heresy features several Legendary weapons. The main complaint is that most of these can be acquired elsewhere on the Moon, except the Premonition pulse rifle, which is indeed unique to the Pit of Heresy:
|Art||Weapon||Type||Archetype||Rarity||Ammo||Element||Requirements||In loot pool?||Ammo?||Element?||Tier||Excels||Source||Craftable?||Requires||Released||Slot||Can be Crafted?||Best of?||Top Perk?|
|-||Pit of Heresy Dungeon|| |
More Destiny 2 loot tables:
- Root of Nightmares
- Vow of the Disciple loot table
- Grasp of Avarice loot table
- Prophecy loot table
- Deep Stone Crypt loot table
Pit of Heresy dungeon Armor
Unlike every other dungeon in Destiny 2 that offers a unique and exclusive Armor set as a reward, the Pit of Heresy drops the standard Moon armor: the Dreambane set.
To be fair, while the Dreambane set is not exclusive to the Pit of Heresy dungeon, the versions that the Pit offers have extremely high stats. Some of the best in the game.
Now that transmog is a thing, many will argue that finding high-stat gear is more important than finding new sets…
Is the Pit of Heresy dungeon farmable?
Whenever Pit of Heresy is the featured dungeon of the week, it can be farmed for unlimited loot. All you’ll need is a committed Fireteam and a couple of hours ahead of you.
This is how you’ll be able to farm the Pit of Heresy dungeon:
- Go through the dungeon on your first character until you reach the encounter you want to farm.
- Start the encounter and wipe (i.e., die without beating it).
- Ask your Fireteam to wait. Change characters and log into a character that hasn’t run the dungeon that week.
- On that second character, join your Fireteam again.
- Wipe again. Now your second character has the proper checkpoint.
And that’s it. You’ll then be able to farm that encounter ad nauseam until reset! To continue farming, you’ll need to:
- Launch the dungeon using your second character (the one that is holding the checkpoint).
- Change characters and rejoin your Fireteam on your first character.
- Complete the encounter for loot.
- Exit the dungeon, switch characters again, and repeat Step 1.
Before you leave…
Now that you know everything there is to know about this dungeon, perhaps you’ll want to check out the loot tables from the other raids and dungeons in Destiny 2. After all, these offer the absolute best loot in the entire game…