[toc] On top of delivering the expected brand-new seasonal weapons and Exotics, Season of the Haunted also delivered updated versions of some of the most “beloved” Chalice of Opulence weapons.
Considered best-in-class for a long time, these weapons were sunset last year to give other weapons a chance to shine. Well, now they’re back, and unsurprisingly, everyone wants to get their hands on them.
This guide covers all the returning weapons from Season of Opulence, aka Opulent weapons, and tells you how to best farm them.
Opulent weapons in Destiny 2
The Tier list below includes every Opulent weapon currently in the game (it’s still a little too early to rank them but we’ll update this section as we land diverse rolls to play around with):
|Art||Weapon||Type||Archetype||Rarity||Ammo||Element||Requirements||In loot pool?||Ammo?||Element?||Tier||Excels||Source||Craftable?||Requires||Released||Slot||Can be Crafted?|
|PvP||Derelict Leviathan|| |
|CALUS Mini-Tool||Submachine Gun||MIDA Synergy||Legendary||Primary||Solar||Free-to-Play||Yes||Primary||Solar|
|PvE||Derelict Leviathan|| |
|Drang (Baroque)||Sidearm||Together Forever||Legendary||Primary||Solar||Free-to-Play||Yes||Primary||Solar|
|PvE + PvP||Derelict Leviathan|| |
|PvE + PvP||Derelict Leviathan|| |
These are the different Tier levels used for this ranking:
- S Tier – Best: Highest ranking weapon types.
- A Tier – Strong: Very strong weapon types, but not on the same level as S Tier Choices.
- B Tier – Average: Decent choices that can be lethal in the hands of a skilled player.
- C Tier – Weak: The middle of the pack, somewhat mediocre.
- D Tier – Worst: Lagging behind the competition, these don’t have much to offer.
Destiny 2 Opulent weapons farm: Where to find them
With several new currencies to earn and activities to complete, farming Opulent weapons can be intimidating. But unlike Haunted weapons, which require more currencies, farming Opulent weapons is straightforward. There are only 2 methods to acquire Opulent weapons:
- Opening Opulent Chests
- Decoding Umbral engrams at the Crown of Sorrow using Opulent Umbral Energy
Farming Opulent chests
Opulent chests can be found all around the Derelict Leviathan, but to open them, you’ll need an Opulent Key.
Farming Opulent Keys
Opulent Keys can drop from opening Destination chests, Haunted Alcove chests, and Nightmare Containment chests. To increase your chances, target the Elite enemies and Mini bosses, as the chests they drop when defeated have higher chances to contain Opulent Keys.
It’s important to know Opulent Keys do not stack, which means you can only carry one at a time. In other words, once you found one, you should use it immediately.
Finding the right chest
Each key will tell you quite explicitly the location of the chest it opens (any given key can only open a very specific chest). This map includes the location of every Opulent chest and includes the “hint” provided by Opulent Keys:
Umbral engrams can be decoded into Opulent weapons, but to do that, you’ll need Opulent Umbral Energy.
1. To start, you’ll need to farm a currency called Vestige of Dread: Vestiges of Dread drop from either completing Playlist activities or completing activities in the Derelict Leviathan (opening chests, completing Patrols, killing mini bosses, etc).
2. Once you have 500 Vestiges of Dread, you can head over to the Derelict Leviathan and tackle the Nightmare Containment activity. Once you beat its final boss (Tier III), you’ll see a chest and a Relic. Use your Vestiges of Dread on the Relic for extra rewards, including Opulent keys, Opulent Umbral Energy, and more.
3. Now, head over to the H.E.L.M. and use your Opulent Umbral Energy to focus Umbral engrams into Opulent weapons.
You now know everything there is to know about farming Opulent weapons. Did we miss any good farming methods? If so, let us know in the comments!