You can definitely enjoy Destiny 2 solo. In fact, that’s pretty much what I’ve been doing for months. But to play Destiny 2 without a Fireteam is to miss out on a lot. For starters, most end-game activities will be out of your reach. But more importantly, Destiny 2 is much more fun when played alongside other guardians.
If you, too, are looking for a Fireteam to play Destiny 2 regularly or are simply looking for a Fireteam to tackle specific challenges, Discord is a great place to LFG (by the way, LFG stands for Looking For Group).
There are other LFG tools out there (we cover them below), but dedicated D2 Discord servers offer so many extra features out of the box:
- Several chat channels to talk about anything Destiny-related (or other)
- Voice channels
- Direct messaging
- Ranks and roles to differentiate console and PC players, locations, etc
And perhaps more importantly, 99.9% of Discord servers out there are absolutely free.
The most popular Destiny 2 LFG Discord servers
These are some of the most active and helpful Destiny 2 LFG servers on Discord:
Destiny 2 PC LFG
|531,000||PC||English||PVE and PVP||Your one stop shop for all things LFG Related for Destiny 2!|
|98,000||All||English||PVE and PVP||Welcome to the official Destiny server for r/DestinyTheGame!|
Destiny 2 LFG
|72,000||All||English||PVE and PVP||The Unofficial Destiny 2 LFG Discord for PC, PS4 and Xbox One players.|
|27,000||PC||English||PVE and PVP||D2Sanctuary is a community designed for people who have disabilities and mental disorders or people who just want to play without any distractions.|
|15,000||PC||English||PVP||The #1 spot for Destiny 2 PvP improvement, game chats, and making new friends. We do weekly private match scrims each weekend open to players of all skill levels and have LFG channels for each platform.|
|12,000||All||English||Fashion||MuffinBandit's Hideout holds weekly fashion contests and runs more and more Raid Sherpas on a weekly basis.
|5,000||All||English||PVP||The Tribe is focused on self-improvement in Destiny 2 in a positive, stress-free, and inclusive environment for all.|
Jarv - Community Hub
|4,401||All||English||PVE and PVP||We're all friendly, positive, engaging and chill here! You can discuss Destiny, use our LFG, search stats or hang out, relax and have fun.|
Destiny 2 France
|12,000||All||French||PVE and PVP||La 1ère communauté Destiny2 française sur Discord.|
Destiny 2 Brazil
|17,049||All||Portuguese||PVE and PVP||Server Destiny 2 Brasil, sejam bem vindos tambem portugueses... Somos o maior discord de destiny da America Latina.|
Destiny 2 Italia
|14,000||All||Italian||PVE and PVP||Server Discord dedicato a Destiny 2 con supporto per i clan e bot per le statistiche in gioco. Destiny 2 Italia è una comunità di giocatori creata da e per i giocatori.|
Destiny 2 Deutschland
|7,000||All||German||PVE and PVP||Kanäle zur Gruppensuche, Sprachchat, Informationen und Hilfe zum Spiel in einer großen wachsenden Community mit über 4700 aktiven Mitgliedern.|
I’m probably missing other good ones, and if you’d like to recommend one, let me know, and I will gladly add it to this list.
Why LFG is worth your time
Playing an online looter-shooter is, by definition, better with friends. But more importantly, it is sometimes mandatory:
Most high-end activities in Destiny 2 do not have Matchmaking.
Tackling Endgame content
These are the main activities that do not have Matchmaking and therefore require you to assemble a Fireteam beforehand:
- Raids: Raids are considered the best PVE content in Destiny. They are challenging, fun, complex and take place in some of the most memorable locations in the Destiny 2 universe (while rewarding powerful gear).
- Dungeons: These are similar to raids but smaller (and only require a 3-person Fireteam). If you’re interested in the Prophecy dungeon, we have a guide for that.
- Trials of Osiris: The equivalent to raids, but for PVP, Trials is the most challenging PVP activity in Destiny 2. Needless to say, this 3-man activity requires good communication for a remote chance of success. If you prefer to experience the competitive scene solo, the Freelance Survival mode is a great option.
- Master/Grandmaster Nightfall: The Ordeals: These activities are among the most difficult and rewarding activities in the game.
If you’re looking to reach the Max Power Level and find the best gear out there, these are mandatory weekly activities. And if you find these too hard, focus on earning XP and increasing your Artifact’s Power Level first.
Last but not least, if you’re looking for a challenge that was made to be tackled solo, look no further than Legend and Master Lost Sectors.
Being part of a community
Finding people to tackle endgame content is certainly a big part of the Destiny experience, but an even bigger part is finding a good group of friendly Guardians with whom you can share everything Destiny 2 has to offer.
You can certainly enjoy D2 solo (I do it most of the time), but it’s always better when you’re part of a close-knitted group where you can also share tips and tricks, adventures, and mess around with Discord emotes, memes, and inside jokes!
Other LFG methods
Discord is a great method to find other Guardians to play with but to be fair, there are other tools out there. I cover some of the better-known ones on my essential resources, but in a nutshell:
- Destiny 2 Companion App: For some reason, Destiny 2 doesn’t have an in-game Fireteam finder. Luckily, this official companion app has a good LFG (looking for group) system, plus an inventory manager and quest tracker.
- r/fireteams on Reddit: With close to 100,000 members, this SubReddit is one of the most engaged communities dedicated to helping you find people to play Destiny 2 with, be it to tackle challenging content or farm something.
- The100.io: This is another great tool that will help you find guardians and schedule gaming sessions. It also includes a great free app.
Hopefully, with these resources, finding a Fireteam will be much easier.