[toc] Stacks on Stacks is a helpful mod for increasing the number of stacks you obtain every time you get Charged with Light. With the right loadout, you can stay charged with light consistently with Stacks on Stacks.
|Stacks on Stacks||Legs||4||Rank 7||Picking up an Orb of Power grants you 1 additional stack of Armor Charge.||Generator|
How to get Stacks on Stacks in 2022?
Like the vast majority of Combat mods in Destiny 2, Stacks on Stacks can be purchased from Ada-1, located in the Tower. Be aware that since the release of The Witch Queen, she now offers 4 combat mods for sale per day.
Every day, the mods on offer change, which means you’ll have to pay her a visit every day until she sells Well of Tenacity again. Alternatively, you can follow the Destiny Insights Twitter bot. It will tell you, every day, what Ada-1 (and other important vendors), have for sale.
The cost for Stacks on Stacks is 10,000 Glimmer.
What does Stacks on Stacks do?
The mod’s description is straightforward and explains exactly what it does:
Gain an extra stack of Charged with Light for every stack you gain.
The mod also inflicts a -10 recovery penalty, but this mod is still helpful and can be used in a variety of builds for endgame content. This mod is mainly used to always have a maximum number of charges of light. This can be beneficial when running other mods, such as Protective Light, which benefit from having more charges.
Does the Stacks on Stacks mod stack?
Stacks on stacks does not stack with multiple copies of the mod. Only one mod is needed to gain the full benefits.
How do you use the Stacks on Stacks mod?
If you are new to the Charged with Light system, it is straightforward. At the bare minimum, players need to equip the following mods:
- A mod to gain charge (such as Taking Charge or Shield Break Charge): These mods are neutral and can be equipped on any armor piece
- A mod to use charge (such as Protective Light or High Energy Fire): These mods can be of a specific element and must match the elements on your armor pieces (i.e. Protective Light is Void so it must be put on a Void armor piece)
To use the Stacks on Stacks mod efficiently do the following:
- Equip a Void armor piece with at least 4 open mod energy
- Equip Stacks on Stacks in the Combat Style slot
- Make sure to have mods to gain charges and use charges on other Armor pieces, or it won’t work!
The gameplay loop for using Stacks on Stacks looks like this:
You create orbs of light via your Super or masterwork weapons. You gain 2x Charged with light for every orb you pick up, constantly being charged with light. This can be helpful with mods that gain increased benefits the more stacks you have (such as Protective Light).
Post by Caitlyn “LadyLucida” Wilhelm