This article will go through the ins and outs of Elemental Charge: why it’s so strong, how to use it, and, of course, how to obtain it.
|Elemental Charge||Universal||Any||2||Become Charged with Light by picking up an elemental well. If the elemental well's element type matches your subclass element, you gain 2 stacks of Charged with Light.||Elemental Well||Any|
How to get Elemental Charge in 2022?
The vast majority of Combat mods in Destiny 2 can be purchased from Ada-1, located in the Tower. However, be aware she only has 2 combat mods for sale per day.
Elemental Charge, however, can be still purchased at the War Table vendor in the H.E.L.M. This will probably change with the release of The Witch Queen on February 22, 2022, so you better get it before it’s too late.
What does Elemental Charge do?
If you are already familiar with Charged with Light and Elemental Well mods, then the description of Elemental Charge will tell you what it does in a very simple way:
Become Charged with Light by picking up an elemental well. If the elemental well’s element type matches your subclass element, you gain 2 stacks of Charged with Light.
This mod bridges the gap between two of the three types of combat style mods: Charged with Light mods, and Elemental Well mods. It is the easiest way to incorporate both types of mods into your builds and can be beneficial in any circumstance because of its low energy cost, versatility, and the fact that it is not tied to a specific armor element.
Does Elemental Charge stack?
Elemental Charge doesn’t stack based on how many Elemental Charge mods you have equipped. In addition, you can only hold two Charges of Light at a time, which means that creating more than two Elemental Wells at once won’t make this mod any better.
However, there are mods that can increase the maximum amount of charges you can hold at once (Charged Up, Stacks on Stacks, and Supercharged), which will provide extra benefit while using this–or any other–Charged with Light mod.
How do you use the Elemental Charge mod?
Because it incorperates two completely different groups of combat style mods, figuring out how to use Elemental Charge might seem like a daunting task if you’re new to the game. This isn’t actually the case, and these two systems are very easy to get used to. To use Elemental Charge, you’ll need to:
- Slot the Elemental Charge mod into any of your armor pieces
- Slot at least one mod that generates Elemental Wells in any of your other armor pieces (“Elemental Ordnance”, “Elemental Light”, and/or “Reaping Wellmaker” are great choices)
- Slot at least one mod that uses stacks of Charged with Light (these can be easily found by their yellow icons. Protective Light and “High-Energy Fire” are two powerful options)
Slotting those three types of mods will give you the benefits of Elemental Charge, but you can always add more to create builds that are even more powerful. As an example, let’s say you slot Elemental Charge, Elemental Ordnance, and Protective Light. The gameplay loop would look something like the following:
- You get kills with your grenade ability to generate Elemental Wells that match your subclass type, thanks to Elemental Ordnance.
- After picking up these wells, you will not only gain energy for all of your abilities (the base effect of Elemental Wells), but Elemental Charge will also give you two Charges of Light for each well you pick up.
- These charges will automatically activate Protective Light when your shields are destroyed, granting you damage resistance that you can use to find cover.
Are you a fan of this mod? Do you prefer to use other mods instead? Let us know in the comments section!
Post by Ganymede